Our policies have been put in place to ensure the safety, security and privacy of our Customers. The information presented here is subject to change at any time, customers should visit this web site from time to time to look for updated information.
Disconnection of Services
Notice of disconnection of services must be provided with, at minimum, 30 days notice. Disconnection of services policies vary for term-limited contracts. Notice of disconnection of services must be made in writing (via e-mail or letter) to AirFire's billing department.
Acceptable Use Policy
AirFire's customer shall ensure its use and the use of all others accessing the Internet via the Connection does not interfere with or disrupt use by any other persons and does not interfere with or disrupt nodes or services of AirFire, Providers or others or breach any rules, regulations or policies imposed from time to time by Providers.
Use of the Connection or the Internet or any Services for any illegal or improper purpose or in any illegal or improper manner or to achieve unauthorized access to or transmission of computer systems, software or data, or to send or forward broadcast email or spam, unsolicited advertising or recruiting materials, is prohibited.
Without in any way limiting the generality of the foregoing, Customer shall not post or transmit through the Connection, the Internet or the Services any material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law or which contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component or element.
AirFire Telephone and Data Inc. respects the privacy of personal information of our clients and suppliers. Our privacy practices are designed to meet or exceed the requirements of Canadian and Provincial privacy law and the on-set of this legislation will not change the way AirFire operates. We have always maintained the privacy of the people we deal with and will continue to do so under the guidelines of Privacy legislation. We are committed to constant self-evaluation of our practices and procedures and to maintaining the highest standards in this regard.
In order to operate effectively, there are certain circumstances where personal information must be collected, used and disclosed, but AirFire only does so with your consent, in accordance with this policy, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
This Policy does not govern personal information about our employees, which is addressed by other internal AirFire policies.
To confirm our commitment to privacy, AirFire has appointed a qualified member of our team as the Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer is available to ensure compliance by everyone at AirFire, to rectify any complaints and to provide access to personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, the Privacy Officer can be contacted by email.
Personal information as referred to in this policy is any information about an identifiable individual, but does not include business contact information including the name, title, business address or business telephone number of an employee of an organization. When you enter into any transactions with us or obtain services from us or with our assistance, or if you contact our staff or send us inquiries, we may collect some or all of the following personal information about you:
- Address (postal and email) and telephone number
- Product and service preferences and history
- Insurance company, agent, and policy and coverage details
- Credit card information
- Financial information including financial statements and credit information
- Name and contact information for business references including trade references, bank and financial references
- Business history and operational requirements
- Identity of your employer
- Your comments as a tenant or customer in response to our surveys
The information above is generally collected from you, but we may also obtain such information from financial institutions, credit agencies and your reference contacts, for the purpose of assessing your credit and for processing your transactions and payments.
Your personal information may be used by us as permitted or required by law, and as reasonably necessary and applicable in relation to our transactions with you, including:
- to process invoices and payments by credit card, debit systems or other billing and payment options;
- to arrange appropriate financing or leasing;
- to provide you with payment and other reminders and notices in relation to your property, products and services; and
- to provide you with updates and information regarding services, products and opportunities offered by Airfire, its divisions and affiliated companies which may be of interest to you (but only your name, address and telephone number will be used for this purpose).
We may share some or all of your personal information as required or permitted by law, and as reasonably necessary and applicable in relation to our transactions with you, including:
- to third parties responsible for invoicing and payment processing;
- to credit bureaus and agencies to conduct credit checks;
- to financial and leasing companies;
- to your insurance agent or company and insurance adjusters;
- to affiliated companies and divisions of Airfirefor the purpose of tenant and customer follow up and to seek your input about and advise you of the opportunities, products and services of Airfire, its divisions and affiliates, but for this purpose we shall not share more than your name, address and telephone number;
- to third party businesses and companies for the purpose of permitting such businesses and companies to seek your input about and advise you of opportunities, products and services, when similar to or related to those offered by AirFire and its divisions and affiliates, but for this purpose we shall not share more than your name, address and telephone number;
- to affiliated companies and divisions of AirFire for the purpose of establishing your credit history among such affiliated companies and divisions, if you intend to enter into a transaction with such companies and divisions;
- to another company or business, in the event of a proposed transfer or actual transfer of ownership of all or part of our companies to another company or business, but for this purpose, we shall not authorize use of your personal information beyond the scope of any such transaction or this policy.
We ensure that third party recipients of personal information adhere to the same privacy standards that we enforce. We use various technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures to protect personal information that you provide to us. We instruct our employees to comply with privacy laws and with this policy. We strive to protect the security of personal information that you may provide to us through our website or via other means, but please note that there is no method of transmitting or storing data that is 100% secure.